A trip to Walt Disney World has become one of the nation’s most popular options for ringing in the new year. Disney has responded by making New Year’s Eve one of the biggest fireworks shows of the year. The resort has just released a partial list of what’s in store for New Year’s Eve and it inlcudes fireworks, nighttime shows, revelry of other sorts scheduled throughout the vacation kingdom.
Here’s a snapshot of what’s in store:
- At Epcot, guests can dance away 2012 to the beat of the DJs stationed at select pavilions throughout the evening and watch “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” salute the new year at 7 p.m. and 11:42 p.m. A buffet dining experience inspired by Disney’s classic animated films Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 will take place at World ShowPlace facility, with reservations available from 4:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Priced at $68.67 for adults and $44.37 for children. Park admission is required.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios rock in the New Year with resident family of landscapers/rock and roll musicians, Mulch, Sweat, and Shears! “The Mulch, Sweat, and Shears New Years Eve Spectacular” blasts off on a specially built stage in front of Disney’s Hollywood Studios signature Sorcerer Hat icon and includes contemporary rock, funk, and classic rock and roll favorites. The four concert sets will feature pyrotechnics and special effects and lead up to ringing in the New Year with Mulch, Sweat, and Shears playing live accompaniment to a full scale fireworks spectacular in order to welcome the start of 2013 properly!
- At DisneyQuest, located at Downtown Disney, there is a family-friendly cyber celebration from 8 p.m. -1 a.m. Guests are entertained with a DJ Dance Party, character meet and greets, plus unlimited access to games and DisneyQuest attractions including Pirates of the Caribbean, Virtual Jungle Cruise and CyberSpace Mountain. There’s a confetti drop and festive party favors as the clock strikes midnight. Partygoers also get a coupon for a quick service entrée, side and drink. Tickets go on sale soon at 407-934-7639.
- At Cirque du Soleil, located at Downtown Disney, all guests attending the Dec. 31 performances will receive a limited-edition Walt Disney World/Cirque trading pin. Shows are at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. For pricing contact 407/WDW/SEAT
- Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to music and entertainment. At Narcoosee’s restaurant (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa), for instance, there will be a four-course dining experience for $161.85 for adults and $77.19 for children, plus DJ, balloon artist and special fireworks viewing.
- Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort offers a special-ticket New Year’s Eve party from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. with a video DJ and limited viewing of Epcot’s Fireworks.
Looks like they’re adding plenty of hard ticket events for those who don’t want to mingle in the crowds. We typically do EPCOT as the fireworks tag there is always amazing. Do you have a favorite park for New Year’s Eve fun? Will you consider one of the hard ticket events?