Disney Interactive rolled out PIXEL’D a new free App to the itunes App Store yesterday. PIXEL’D is a new app for creating original and Disney-themed pixel art and animations for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch today. With Disney PIXEL’D, guests can create one-of-a-kind pixel art that literally pops as you make it, and then bring that artwork to life with an easy frame-by-frame animation tool.
Disney PIXEL’D is a free app that will offer regular content updates and in-app purchases for expanded sets of Disney character art and fill patterns for endless hours of pixel art fun. Disney PIXEL’D was developed internally at Disney Interactive by the makers of the award-winning online creativity destination Create on Disney.com,whose guests have produced more than 16 million pieces of original artwork since its launch in August 2009.
“In keeping with Disney’s rich tradition of storytelling, the Disney PIXEL’D app allows Guests to create their own Disney stories through pixel art,” said Mark L. Walker, Senior Vice President, Disney Interactive Entertainment. “And now our users can create and share this uniquely Disney experience wherever they are through their mobile devices.”
Designed for all ages and abilities, Disney PIXEL’D artists can use their imagination to make original images or use Disney character stamps and fill patterns to complement their scenes. Artists can share their work with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube or through email. A Buddy Draw feature allows multiple friends to connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to draw together in real-time.
PIXEL’D Key Features:
· 3 drawing layers on the canvas
· 20 frames for creating animations
· Shape tools that make drawing even easier with fully adjustable squares, circles, triangles, and more
· Dozens of free stamps and fill patterns feature a wide range of beloved Disney characters and themes, including Disney Princess, Bolt, Mickey and Friends, Cars and Vintage Mickey
· In-app purchase options let artists buy expanded sets of Disney character stamps and fill patterns
· Buddy Draw lets multiple artists connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to draw together in real-time
· Artists can easily share their work via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, email or the camera roll
· iCloud sync keeps artist’s galleries up-to-date across all iOS devices
· Disney PIXEL’D website is available for online support, tutorial videos and inspirational fan art at http://disney.com/pixeld
Will you be downloading the free PIXEL’D app to your Apple mobile device?