Brazil a replacement for Euro-Tourism?

Brazil guys

Anyone else noticing a lot more Brazilian tourists at Walt Disney World these days? We certainly have. There’s a good reason for that, not only has the economy of Brazil stabilized producing more disposable income, but the volume of European tourists is down as their economy slowly crumbles. The in-balance makes the South American tourists stand out even more. Disney World has even gone as far as hiring 50 ‘Super Greeters’ to help these tour groups make their way into the parks smoothly.

A spokesman for Disney World said 2011 has been “one of our best-ever years for Brazilian attendance and resort-hotel room-nights.”

According to official figures, between 350,000 and 400,000 Brazilians visited Central Florida in 2010.

With the 2016 coming to Brazil, expect the volume of tourists from that nation to increase even further. With Europe on the ropes, this should ease Disney’s concerns about weak international travel.

Next up a Brazil pavilion in EPCOT Center, right?

(Via Interpark)

This entry was posted in Florida Attractions, Walt Disney World and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Brazil a replacement for Euro-Tourism?

1. Jones says:

If the number of European tourists is down, there must be other reasons for that than a “crumbling economy”, for the large countries that really matter when it comes to tourism don´t have any real problems at all. The UK? Not even a member of the Euro zone. Germany´s economy is running like a Mercedes engine, setting one record for exports after the other. France? Lost their AAA credit rating, it´s now AA+ – but as far as I can tell, the initial wave of mass suicides in the streets of Paris has largely subsided…

2. Lars Jensen says:

Oh, joy!

3. Pingback: The Disney Blog

4. Pingback: Brazil Meta Guide

5. Bob says:

Heck, ANY new pavilion at EPCOT. I remember all the pavilions from the initial EPCOT book that never were built. Sigh….

6. Asia says:

I’m a cast member and can verify that there were TONS of Brazillian tourists visiting this past fall when I was working. They got to be the largest tourism group that visits Walt Disney World without a doubt.

7. Matt says:

I am not opposed to the Brazilian groups at all, they just need to realize that they do not own the parks. It gets a little frustrating when they push their way into fast pass lanes (without passes) or a large group in the single rider lanes who create a scene when they are asked to split up. Perhaps a Cast Member escort should be required for all groups of more than 20 regardless of origin or type.

8. Pingback: The Disney Blog

9. Pingback: Brazil Meta Guide

10. Jones says:

If I´m not mistaken (maybe I am), there used to be a limit to group size at Disneyland (decades ago), large groups were asked to split up – maybe not a bad idea. All animals tend to feel strong and can thus become annoying when they are in large groups…

11. nadia says:

I am Brazilian and I completely agree with you. With our economic rise, many (but not most) of people visiting USA and especially Disney has money but has no education at all. I am really sorry about that. I just would like to say that we brazilians like and respect very much USA and the American people.