Fans of the ABC Soap Operas “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” have been thrown a lifeline. A company looking for keystone content for its new online network has purchased the online rights to the shows and plans to continue them keeping the same cast and crew intact. The company, Prospect Park, is led by Rich Frank, a former Disney Studios executive and it plans to create a Hulu-style web site for shows like AMC and OLTL.

So, Soap Opera fans, is this the right move? Will you watch a serialized show via a website or is the technology not yet there to make this a regular thing?

Update: it’s official. Disney/ABC made the announcement today. Disney is actually licensing the properties to Prospect Park.

( via the NY Post)

This entry was posted in Television, Television and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Disney Soaps “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” to Survive as Online Shows

1. Connie says:

My sister will be very pleased!

2. Pingback: The Disney Blog

3. Sarah Verre says:

Best News I’ve heard in months….Thank you Mr. Frank.

4. Pingback: bruno

5. Sharon Vasil says:

YAHOO !!!!!!! What an incredible idea !!! Just the thought of losing “All My Children” has sent me into a case of the blues…..after watching it for over 40 years….to just close the book….no more drama/comedy/ romance…it simply breaks the heart !

This has my vote….and resounding YES ! Please make it come true….

Sharon Vasil

6. Susan says:

Yes, I will definitely watch. I love all the characters and story lines of All My Children.

I’ve been sad and disgruntled wondering how to get along without All My Children in the future.

This is FANTASTIC news!! I am thrilled.

THANKS Prospect Park!!!

7. Pingback: The Disney Blog

8. Pingback: Alltop Disney

9. Pingback: Amanda Pham

10. Dawn says:

Awful for the golden age crew that don’t have access to the Internet.

11. Pingback: The Disney Blog

12. Pingback: Michelle Owens

13. gina says:

love this have been watching one life to live from the begining will watch it

14. Pingback: The Disney Blog

15. Sherie says:

So glad to hear, keep us posted where to find this and when it will start. Yayayayayayayayayayay

16. Sally says:

I have watched AMC since high school(40 years) so I am very happy to hear this plan. Keep us informed!

17. Cat says:

ALL MY THANKS for saving All My Children!!!! PLEASE say that we Canadians can still get it on-line too. As far as the Ads…we buy 99% of the same brand of items here.
    I am so glad that there are people in the industry who still like to see quality dramas.
    Far too many the power brokers want profits over substance.
    I hope Prospect Park feels very smug…in a good way! Bravo to you!