Central Florida Steampunk Assoc. at Downtown Disney

That post about Disney Princesses done Steampunk style reminded me of a photo I snapped the evening of April 2nd. That was the night that the Central Florida Steampunk Association set upon Downtown Disney in Orlando, Fl to show off their amazing costumes and take a few pictures posted in front of the Adventurer’s Club.

If right now you’re saying to yourself, that looks like all sorts of fun, then you’ll be happy to know they have a fun and active Facebook group you can join. If you want to see more photos of the April 2nd evening, you’ll have to visit the archived group. If I had time to add one more hobby, I would so totally be there.

I think I see a great tie-in here between The Adventurer’s Club and Disney’s under appreciated feature animated film “Atlantis”… can we please bring back the Adventurer’s Club? Even if just as a Steampunk playground.

This entry was posted in Cosplay, Walt Disney World and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Central Florida Steampunk Assoc. at Downtown Disney

1. Ken Myrback says:

My wife and I so need to join this group. Thanks!

2. Pingback: The Disney Blog

3. Pingback: Alltop Disney

4. Pingback: The Disney Blog

5. Amphigorey says:

I love steampunk. I really do. I love Victoriana, I love weird obsolete technology, and I’m a professional costumer. Steampunk is pretty much made for me.

However.

PLEASE STOP PUTTING YOUR GOGGLES ON YOUR TOP HATS. It’s silly and it looks stupid. You don’t need two pieces of headgear. Pick one.

6. I’m a big fan of steampunk and, oddly enough, anything from the year 1896. Yes, steampunk and the Adventurer’s Club would go nicely hand-in-hand.

7. Thanks John for that WONDERFUL write up. We love everything steampunk and the victorian era, and wanted to give a last nod to the Adventurers Club before they bulldoze it. Anyone who wishes to join us for everything steampunk and victorian are welcome to join us on our facebook site:
    or our Steampunk Empire site:

Please come join us and enjoy events like this one.

Cordially yours,
    Sir Artemus Nathaniel Drake
    (aka Tim Ramsey)

8. Prof. Ideal Allgood says:

Actually the goggles are only needed when you are riding the airship. So we put them up on the hat so we have easy access to them when the need arises.

9. Amphigorey says:

Easy access? Nonsense. Have you ever tried to remove goggles from a top hat while wearing the hat? It would make more sense to wear them around your neck, or on an aviator’s hat, which has no brim. Or put them in a pocket, or latch them to your belt. Anything but putting them on your top hat, which is the signature of a lazy steampunk costume.

10. Prof. Ideal Allgood says:

That’s a good point.

11. Scott says:

Kungaloosh! If you would like, send me an email and I will post a link to this article on my Adventurers Club website (if you would allow me to include the photo in the post, I would give you full credit and a link of course).