Tangled’s Secret Box Office Weapon

Apparently Disney marketing thought subliminal messaging would help Tangled at the box office.

Find Tangled Vinyl Banners like this one on eBay.

(via Superpunch and Cartoonbrew)

This entry was posted in Animation and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Tangled’s Secret Box Office Weapon

1. luis says:

oh come on!!!!!!!!

2. Josh says:

This is the a repeat of the Lion King thing, isn’t it?

Can’t people just grow up and let it go?

3. Justice says:

Really? I mean really?

This is completely ridiculous. Grow up folks.

4. Chris says:

Some people have a lot of time on their hands. It’s sort of looking for shapes in clouds.. if you keep looking, you’ll find what you want to see.

…Then I believe subliminal advertising is a bunch of BS anyway.

5. Matt says:

This is so stupid. Chris is right: it’s BS.

6. j says:

nothing but crap

7. J says:

Wow I think this says more about the person who “saw” this than the actual image

8. Was Disney using Subliminal Messages to market Tangled to impressionable youth? http://bit.ly/gAGc4l

9. Natts says:

I agree this is SO stupid, did make me laugh though !

10. Jones says:

Disney marketing had a great movie at their hands – and it ended up making considerably less money at the domestic box office than Despicable me (which is not a bad movie, but a very minor one compared to Tangled) – the message I´d sent them if they were working for me would not be very subtle, let alone subliminal…

11. LoveDisney says:

The Lion King incident was legit and so was the Aladdin balcony scene…..BUT the Tangled “message” is a joke.

12. Molly Mouse says:

I strongly disagree. I wouldn’t have even noticed if someone hadn’t pointed it out. Also, for those referencing the Lion King movie, the stars are supposedly spelling “SFX” (special effects abbrev.).

13. IMS says:

allow me to LAUGH!

But who am I kidding.. yes FLynn and Rapunzel… yessssssssssss they are the sex XDDDDDD!

14. Vicki says:

This Is absurd! Someone obviously has too much time on their hands. Come on!!

15. LoveDisney says:

Does it matter what her hair supposedly spells? What does the Princess outfits from the Little Mermaid and Aladdin say to viewers?

16. Was Disney using Subliminal Messages to market Tangled to impressionable youth? http://bit.ly/gAGc4l Do you think this was intentional?

17. Jeff says:

You’re joking, right? Please tell me this is a joke and that you don’t really believe that Rapunzel’s hair spells out “SEX?” I’ve had about enough of hearing about Disney subliminal messages since they’re a bunch of crap.

18. Jeff says:

How would having the word “SEX” in the banner help box office sales, exactly? It’s marketing to kids who don’t even know what that word means.

19. Pingback: Annie Awards, Cars Spinoffs, and Next-Gen Tech > The Hub Podcast