Time to close a few open tabs with some interesting stories I just haven’t had time to explore this last week:
- This infographic looks at how much financial impact Toy Story 3 has had. The $1.6 billion in box office is impressive, but the last line on the graphic is the real stunner – $9 billion in merchandise sales.
- Jon Favreau is moving from Marvel to Disney, which these days is just down the hall not even across the street anymore, and tells the LA Times why.
- The 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea remake is back on. David Fincher has been signed to direct. Fincher’s film The Social Network is considered a leading contender for the best picture Oscar this year.
- Academy Award winning Director Pete Docter has a wonderful tribute to Walt Disney in remembrance of his death yesterday in 1966.
- Former Disney World executive Lee Cockerell talks about the rising use of social media among our nations older generations.
- Brady MacDonald at the LA Times has a speculative glimpse into the future of California Adventure. It’s not as scary as you thought.