Clearing a few open tabs that I was saving for longer posts, but don’t have time to get to:
- Designing Disney is a relatively new blog that has been doing some great work looking at various Disney theme park attractions and locations around the globe. This week’s look back at expired attractions in Discoveryland at Paris Disneyland has some great details.
- The east coast doesn’t have a monopoly on Harry Potter, an unsanctioned Harry Potter Day at the park has been scheduled for Nov 7th at Disneyland. Dress up and hang out with other fans of the books and movies.
- Reuters highlights Disney’s efforts to teach English to Chinese youth. As you might expect, it’s not just a goodwill gesture, but part of the overall business plan.
- The Disney Food Blog reports on a cupcake store coming to Downtown Disney – Anaheim. Hello? We like Cupcakes in Orlando too!
- Nathan Lane will be guest starring on ABC’s Modern Family this season. He’s currently staring on Broadway in The Addams Family where he’s getting critical approval, even if the show isn’t.
Finally, if you haven’t heard, I’m working on a book of stories and essays about Disneyland. I’ve been crowd funding to raise the publishing costs over on Kickstarter.com. I hope you’ll go read about the project and check out the reward tiers for supporting my efforts. We’re one week in and already 75% of the project is funded, but there is still a significant amount to raise and every dollar over the initial goal I set will let me do more amazing stuff with the book and support the talents of other Disney fans.