With expectations of crowd control gone wild Disneyland is stepping up to the plate with a safe way for you to enjoy a meal and the “World of Color” show from a reserved viewing area. Options start at $15 a person for a picnic meal. That seems very reasonable to me. But if you pay more, you get access to the ‘preferred’ area, which I assume will be perfectly situated to view the show.
Guests may choose from several different meals-with-reserved-viewing programs. These provide a magical dining experience along with a choice vantage point from which to enjoy the new “World of Color” after-dark spectacular. Other fun treats include “World of Color” novelty drinks, snacks and accessories
Meal-with-viewing options are limited in availability, details are below the jump:
“World of Color” Picnic Meals at Golden Vine Winery*
* Beginning June 11, guests can go online and order a special boxed picnic meal that includes “World of Color” Reserved Viewing. Picnic meals may be ordered online or by walk-up purchase, subject to availability, at the Sonoma Terrace, Golden Vine Winery. They are not available for order via the 714/781-DINE line.
* Online orders may be placed up to 60 days in advance. Meals may be picked up at Sonoma Terrace from 2 p.m. to up to one hour prior to “World of Color” show time.
* Picnic meal options include four selections for adults: The All American (cold honey-stung fried chicken), The Taste of Asia (chilled miso-glazed salmon), The European Antipasto (cured meats, regional cheeses, artichoke heart, sun-dried tomato) and The Mediterranean Vegetarian (marinated grilled vegetables in a whole wheat wrap with roasted garlic hummus). Kids’ options include The Junior All American (chicken), The Lunchbox Classic (peanut butter and jelly) and The Little Squirt’s Box (apple wedges, string cheese).
* Beer and wine for adults are available at an additional cost.
* As a special bonus for pre-purchasing a meal, the entire party’s online order will be packaged in a souvenir “World of Color” reusable tote.
* Guests who opt for a walk-up purchase at the park will be able to buy individual picnic meals that also include admission to the “World of Color” Reserved Viewing area if space is available.
* All picnic meals with “World of Color” Reserved Viewing are priced at $14.99 and must be redeemed for the designated reserved show date and time. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts.
The following dining options must be reserved by calling 714/781-DINE. Seatings are at specified times and space is limited.
Wine Country Trattoria Prix Fixe “World of Color” Meals*
* Guests can enjoy a three-course, prix fixe dinner in the newly expanded and remodeled Wine Country Trattoria ($39.99 for adults; $18.99 for children ages 3-9). Following dinner, the guests will be admitted to the Preferred Reserved Viewing area for the show. The Italian meal includes choice of starter, entrée and dessert plus a special wine pairing.
Ariel’s Grotto Prix Fixe “World of Color” Meals*
* A prix fixe meal with reserved viewing will be available in the elegant surroundings of Ariel’s Grotto (starting at $29.99 for adults; $15.99 for children ages 3-9), on the edge of Paradise Bay. After dinner, guests will be offered admission to the “World of Color” Preferred Reserved Viewing area.
Guests who prefer a treat or snack, perhaps with a souvenir “World of Color” takeaway, may choose from a number of bright and colorful options available at food locations inside Disney California Adventure:
* “Spectrum Splash”: Beverages in light-up souvenir glasses with a colorful choice of flavors – strawberry red, blueberry blue, or sour Granny Smith apple green.
* “Light-Up Cotton Candy”: White cotton candy with a colorful swirl, on an illuminated wand that lights the cotton candy from inside.
* Multi-Colored & Flavored Popcorn: A delicious treat that comes in three flavors – red cherry, blueberry and purple grape – and mixed in with regular kettle corn, all served in a Disney California Adventure see-through “World of Color” souvenir popcorn bucket.
* Tropical Mist Cocktail (for adults): It’s a passion fruit and mango liqueur with coconut rum – and a light-up swizzle stick. Available at the Cove Bar and Ariel’s Grotto restaurant.
* Even More Fun: Light-Up Balloons – transparent balloons with light-up “World of Color” art inside; Light-Up Bangle Bracelets; and souvenir “World of Color” travel mugs and sipper cups.
Times for the prix fixe dinners and dessert party are subject to change and cancellation without notice. For information on “World of Color,” other Disneyland Resort attractions, or to plan a celebration or vacation at Disneyland Resort, visit www.disneyland.com, call 866/60-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. To explore the expansion plans for Disney California Adventure, visit www.DisneyCaliforniaAdventure.com.
* Reserved Viewing: Each guest entering the reserved viewing area must have reserved viewing area admission. Children (ages 3-9) must be accompanied by an adult. Guests may only enter the viewing area during designated times and no early or late admission will be allowed. Guests in large parties may not be guaranteed admission within the same reserved viewing area. Separate theme park admission is required.