Time to close some open tabs. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend. Let’s all take a moment to remember the men and women who gave their lives so our flag can fly for liberty.
- Westcoaster has a picture of actual cars on the test track for Carsland at California Adventure. One of them looks like Lightning McQueen.
- FIFA 2010 World Cup is just a few days away. ESPN has announced they’re going to be broadcasting it in 3D. If you don’t have a 3D TV (who does?) you can attend one of the viewing parties at ESPN WWOS, which will have a few 3D TVs set up.
- /film reports that Disney will be releasing Studio Ghibli’s Tales From Earthsea, a 2006 film directed by Hayao Miyazaki’s son Goro Miyazaki.
- The Orlando Sentinel has a profile of Lee Biggins, whose 27 year career at the Walt Disney Company had many highlights. I’d love to see more of these sort of profiles.
- Disney Every Day has a video interview with Zannaland who is part of this year’s Disney World Mom’s Panel. Plus she answers some questions in the comments.
- A small scandal related to insider trading affected the corporate offices this week. An executive assistant with access to confidential information had been selling her advanced knowledge on the black market to traders who wanted to make a quick buck off of Disney’s stock. Two were arrested.
- David Michaels, the U.S. Department of Labor assistant secretary for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, says he is putting theme parks and other entertainment venues “on notice” following a the recent string of injuries and deaths including Disney’s monorail accident.
- Oh, and Universal did open the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey for some testing yesterday. Alas it was only for employees.