Main Street Electrical Parade preview – Summer Nightastic at WDW

Today Walt Disney World arranged a special preview of the Main Street Electrical Parade as it prepares for a return to the Magic Kingdom for Summer Nightastic! starting June 6th. We were taken backstage to the special warehouse where the talented crew at Disney is putting the final touches on the floats.

The MSEP was my Disney parade growing up. Every summer it was there at Disneyland like an old friend. You might say farewell for a while, but you never really said goodbye.

Below the jump are a few photos to whet your appetite. I’ll have much more later

image

image

image

This entry was posted in Walt Disney World and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Main Street Electrical Parade preview – Summer Nightastic at WDW

1. Steve Tanner says:

Sad that they are keeping the generic “Disney’s Electrical Parade” branding. Totally vomit inducing ;)

2. JoAnne says:

I cannot wait! Trust me, my husband and I will be there to see it more than a few times this Summer. We have missed it!!!

3. Jack says:

Good to see that the MSEP is back home for awhile! I love Spectromagic, but it just feels right when the MSEP is back where it started.

• Jake Ryan says:

You realize that MSEP started at Disneyland, not Walt Disney World… right?

I’m not exactly sure how this is a homecoming, when it’s being taken away from it’s actual home.

4. disneybear says:

Love, Love, Love the main street electrical parade! Always was and always will be better than Spectromagic!

5. I am so excited!!

I got an email saying that on June 5th they are having a Passholder Palooza Summer Nightastic!

” It’s Back and Brighter Than Ever!
    Clear your calendar for Saturday, June 5, 2010, and get over to the Magic Kingdom® Park for an advance viewing of the return of perhaps the most beloved and adored Disney parade in history! The Main Street Electrical Parade is back as part of Summer Nightastic! Check it out at 9 and 11 p.m., or both!

Plus! That same night, Passholders* can check out the new Summer Nightastic! Fireworks Spectacular at 10 p.m., with special light effect viewing glasses, provided free to who? Passholders, that’s who. Pick up your free glasses between 4 and 8 p.m. at the Rose Garden entrance near Tomorrowland® and enjoy the show.

See ya real soon! “

6. A backstage preview of the main street electrical parade floats to whet your appetite http://bit.ly/a3hBUO

7. The Geeks says:

Can’t wait to hear that theme song again! (They’d better be bringing that back too.)

8. John Frost says:

Yep. With a new arrangement and a big surprise I’ll be announcing later.

9. Pingback: Todd Perlmutter