Disney working on Enchanted Squeekgual

News from Variety that Walt Disney Studios is developing a sequel to the popular modern fantasy musical “Enchanted.” I like this idea as it allows Disney to gently spoof its own animation product. It’s always good to have a sense of humor about one’s self.

The partly animated Enchanted will be written by Jessie Nelson and directed by Anne Fletcher (The Proposal, 27 Dresses). Barry Josephson and Barry Sonnenfeld will produce again.

I’m wondering why they didn’t go back to Kevin Lima to direct the movie since it earned a very respectable $340 million at the box office. Lima is one of those directors who has managed to do both animation and live action, and I think it worked very well. I also hope they’re able to bring back many of the original stars like: Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden, Timothy Spall, Idina Menzel, Rachel Covey and Susan Sarandon.

It looks like the rush is on to get this released next year.

This entry was posted in Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Studios and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Disney working on Enchanted Squeekgual

1. Disney moves forward with a sequel to Enchanted http://bit.ly/cDbdpq or is that a squeekqual? Alas, Kevin Lima won't direct again.

2. Pingback: Todd Perlmutter

3. Pingback: Scott Ladewig

4. Gn2Dlnd says:

Squeekgual? Do Alvin, Theodore, and Simon show up instead of Susan Sarandon? Maybe it’s Dave. Yeah, that makes more sense. Evil Dave.

5. J says:

unnecessary

6. Adam Goswick says:

Hmmm…I’m undecided on this one. I loved Enchanted and I wouldn’t mind seeing more, but does it really need a sequel? I thought the story was wrapped up pretty well in the first one.

7. Tricycle says:

Why not just do the Snow Queen?

8. John Frost says:

and your point….

9. John Frost says:

There was the cute chipmunk in the movie. He squeked a lot when in the real world. Hence the joke.

10. Jon says:

Please assure reprise of Giselle & Robert & Morgan & Pip (‘goes without saying) along with Clara (Clarissa?) and the “not a very nice old man”, plus Edward+wife; and somehow work in Dick van Dyke and Julie Andrews. Am uncertain how Susan makes it back, having her character slammed into main street Manhattan. A story line adaptation into a screenplay moves characters through troubles and challenges to (again) happily-ever-after. Amy’s outtake jibberish has got to be worked in to the scrip in a “bewitching” twitch of the nose some way. A good tidbit, maybe? Also, return of the tiara and sword to proper ownership–a good touch. I would love to see that wedding dress reprised as well. And this time get the continuity cleaned up, please.