Universal Orlando has opened up its search for employees to work in the soon to open “Wizarding World of Harry Potter”. A quick trip over to http://www.universalorlandojobs.com/ shows they’re hiring for food, merchandising, and attractions operations in the new land.
While the WWoHP is scheduled to open this spring. It will really just be phase one, with the two rethemed coasters and some shops and food locations opening. The big new attraction won’t be opening until a bit later.
(Via the OBJ.)
Follow below the jump for the attractions operations description:
Be Part of the Magic at Universal Orlando® Resort! Universal Orlando Resort will soon be offering visitors from around the world the opportunity to explore the interactive rides, shops, restaurants and more of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. Only you can help make this exciting new area come to life for our guests, all while having an unforgettable experience of your own. Guide our guests as they jump into the action of the movies and live the adventure at our two world class theme parks! As an Attractions Team Member you will greet guests, load and unload attractions, provide audience control, deliver narrations and assist with live stage performances, children’s play areas or the operation of our state-of-the-art ride systems. As a Universal Orlando Team Member you will have the unique opportunity to demonstrate our company’s top-notch guest service standards by consistently providing positive, friendly, and courteous interactions to our guests and your fellow Team Members. Qualified candidates must:
• Enthusiastically greet and welcome guests as they approach or enter the Park’s various Rides and Shows. Employ words, phrases, and props that evoke the storyline and theme of the assigned attraction to its visiting guests.
• Screen guests for appropriate attire, food and beverage items, requisite height, and special attraction access information where applicable.
• Assist in the timely departure of rides by assisting guests to seats and helping to secure ride restraints. Monitor rides and shows. Evacuate rides and shows in case of shut down. Ensure appropriate Safety Procedures are followed as instructed.
• Monitor and measure attraction wait times and maintain orderly queues. Set up and remove stanchions, ropes, and poles as needed to appropriately configure the length of the queue.
• Employ personal empowerment, empathy, and creativity to resolve guest concerns or complaints. Keep supervisor informed of the situation for resolution.
• Maintain a clean work environment by constantly monitoring immediate area and surroundings for trash and debris and assists in its removal as needed.
• Be comfortable in a physically intensive role, which includes standing for long periods of time, being outdoors most of your shift, and pulling up or pushing down lapbars.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
These positions include: • Free Admission • Discounts • Complimentary Passes • Recognition Programs • Exclusive Events
HARRY POTTER characters, names, related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s09) Sign Language Interpreters will be provided. Universal Elements and all related indicia TM & © 2009. Universal Studios. © 2009 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE.