As I’m searching for a job, I make it a practice to check out the DisneyCareers website every couple of days. Hey, you never know. There might be a few positions that would be a good fit for me. Here’s one I would love to have, even though I know I’m not really qualified.
The Vice President of Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will help lead the resort into future while keeping a careful eye on current operations. With the possible addition of a High Speed Rail line stop at the resort, the will be new opportunities to modernize the transportation options across the resort. In the meantime, there are still plenty of opportunities to improve the existing modes of transport. A great job for someone with a background in transportation management.
Follow below the jump for the complete job description.
We are seeking a dynamic transportation executive to lead the end-to-end Walt Disney World® Resort Transportation business, inclusive of Guest Operations, Maintenance and Safety for all modes of transportation including watercraft, monorails, buses and fleet vehicles. The Vice President will lead Cast Members who transport millions of Guests annually to our four theme parks; two water parks; twenty-three themed hotels; and numerous shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation venues across the 47 square miles of resort property. The leader will develop the transportation master plan to meet current and future growth needs while focusing on the safety, reliability, maintenance, and operational standards. The leader will play a critical role in creating and aligning sustainable strategies for transportation safety, reliability and quality Guest experiences, environmental initiatives and compliance with all legal and regulatory standards. The Vice President, Transportation will report to the Vice President, Reedy Creek Energy Services, Telecommunications and Transportation.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for the job.)
* Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, Engineering or equivalent
* Minimum 10 years of executive level mass transportation experience
* Demonstrated strong leadership skills with ability to define clear vision and motivate others to achieve goals
* Demonstrated experience as an inspirational, hands on leader who can integrate diverse perspectives into an operational plan to effectively get teams to partner in an integrated fashion toward a common goal
* Proven integrator who uses synergistic approach to problem solving, analysis, metrics and prevention
* Proven ability to build strategic alliances/relationships and effectively perform in a matrix organization
* Demonstrated ability to manage and integrate Guest, Cast and business goals to achieve positive outcomes
* Demonstrated skills in effective budget and scheduling management
* Proven decision maker with ability to work under pressure
* Proven innovator with the ability to implement
* Proactive and assertive communicator who can interface effectively at all levels of the organization and influence business results through persuasion, negotiation and personal presence
* Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment with minimal direction
* Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations