2010 Disney World Mom’s Panel Applications Open Soon

The Walt Disney World Mom’s Panel is approaching the end of a successful second panel. That means only one thing… they’ll soon be accepting applications for the 2010 Walt Disney World Mom’s Panel. Those selected will join Disney’s online forum of vacation advisors and answer questions, offer advice, and address specific concerns of families in the process of planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort.

Disney receives somewhere north of 15,000 applications to join the panel and they choose between 12 and 16. In my meetings with this year’s Mom’s panel I found that Disney was looking for people who had experience doing some sort of marketing/public relations, were out going (type A personality), and had extensive, but a little specialized, experience planning vacations to Walt Disney World. In short, people like themselves. There’s no indication that the criteria will change for this year’s panel, but your mileage may vary.

There is no pay, but a trip to WDW for training is included. Plus you’re expected to answer 15 questions a week, at a minimum. Applications will be accepted here beginning September 10th.

If you plan to apply or have used the Mom’s Panel in the past, please leave comments with your experience.

This entry was posted in Walt Disney World and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 2010 Disney World Mom’s Panel Applications Open Soon

1. Are you the family travel planner? Why not join the 2010 Walt Disney World Mom’s Panel? http://is.gd/3085E Applications accepted Sept 10th.

2. savvytampa says:

RT @TheDisneyBlog Are you the family travel planner? Why not join the 2010 Disney World Mom’s Panel? Apps accepted 9/10. http://is.gd/3085E

3. oh amanda says:

I haven’t applied but am planning to. I do know that if you apply (and don’t make it)you get entry into the Micky Moms Club…and all I know about that is you get some special emails w/fun stuff, a magnet for your car and even a special Disney meetup (I mean, you pay your own way, of course!).

I’ve also met 2 of the Disney Panel moms…they are awesome…they LOVE talking Disney all day long!!

4. John Frost says:

I’m not sure that everyone who applies makes it into the Mickey Mom’s Club. But I do think that you’d make a marvelous member of the Disney World Mom’s Panel. Good luck!

5. Roger says:

I’m thinking about giving it a shot, even though I’m a dad. Afterall, what’s the worse thing that could happen, I don’t get it. :)

6. chris says:

I thought everyone who applied last year got into the Mickey Mom’s Club or at least that was the impression I got from reading other places. I applied last year; I’m not sure I would apply this year, although honestly, it took all of 10 minutes to fill out the application. I’ve never submitted a question (because I already know everything–just kidding) but I have read their Q&A. They do a good job, particularly given the wide range of topics they address.

7. Denece Vincent says:

I am hoping they will take Grandmas! LOL I have a LOT of experience planning Disney Vacations!

8. 2010 Disney World Mom’s Panel Applications Open September 10 http://bit.ly/8K30D #WDW

9. Angie says:

RT @OrlandoUpdates: 2010 Disney World Mom’s Panel Applications Open September 10 http://bit.ly/8K30D #WDW

10. Katie S. says:

Hello! I am a mom and definitely a WDW fanatic — our family visits at least twice a year! We’re also DVC members. Can someone please tell me how I submit an application to be on this amazing panel?

Thank you! :)

11. chris says:

Katie, try: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genericcontent/message?destinationPage=MomsPanel2010

You can start applying tomorrow at 9:00 am eastern. Also, there’s probably a thread or five on the disboards or on passporter. Good luck.

12. Donna says:

HI Folks- Who can forecast when the 1st cut for the Mom’s Panel will be made?!

13. Sheri Pulido says:

I received my THANKS, but NO THANKS email yesterday, 10/13/09, so they are getting back to people this week…..

14. John Frost says:

Sorry to hear you didn’t make the cut this year. Be sure to reapply if they continue next year.