ICE! at Gaylord Palms Resort is back for its sixth season. I was lucky enough to go last night and found the new displays to be a lot of fun. It’s amazing to see how huge blocks of ice have been transformed into wonderful works of art.
A little advice: make sure you buy your tickets online ahead of time to save a few dollars. Plus plan to eat somewhere else either before or after the event. The restaurant selection at Gaylord Palms are good, but very expensive, even more than what you might find on Disney property.
The ornaments are a whole new room this year and my favorite of the show. There are a few more pictures below the cut.
- Nearly 2,000,000 pounds of ice was used to create ICE!
- Nearly 5,000 blocks of ice was hand carved to be transformed into a winter wonderland.
- 9 degrees Fahrenheit is the average temperature inside “The Florida Fridge,” the home of the ICE! attraction.
- 1500+ fluorescent and fiber optic lights are frozen within the ice, creating a magical holiday experience.
- More than 18,000 total square feet of space is covered by the ICE! attraction. Kept at a brisk 9 degrees, the unique structure housing ICE! is also known as the “Florida Fridge.” It is believed to be the first of its kind in North America.
Yeah, I couldn’t resist the polar bears.