It looks like Florida and the Orlando Attractions area has avoided yet another major storm. That has given me some time to find these great links for you to read:
- ABCFamily.com is adding a full-time video blogger to its site. Bridgitte Dale started at PopCrunch and recently moved to TV Squad. ABC Family continues to be the Walt Disney Company’s main effort to attract the Millennial generation.
- Gadling reports on a new Cirque Du Soleil show ‘Zed’ that will open at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort on October 1st. The show will have it’s own theater built just for it and will have upto 380 shows a year. As if a trip to Tokyo Disneyland wasn’t expensive enough already, now another must-see has been added to the list.
- This October 3rd through 5th marks the 3rd Annual East Coast Convention for the NFFC – a Disney Fan Club. Plenty of great events are still open for registration. Check out the list of offerings here.
- Josh over at the Animuppetry blog has started a multi-part series on how to make your own Animation Desk. Very well done. He could probably market those.
- The High School Musical 3 Spirit Contest has officially launched. One U.S. high school whose students best showcase their inner Wildcat get a chance to win a Disney Grad Nite celebration for the 2009 graduating class at Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort, plus a HSM3 celebrity pep rally for the whole school. Enter before November 3rd.
- Here’s some great historical detail concerning Walt Disney’s trip to Pike Forrest Fossil beds to buy an Anniversary ‘gift’ for his wife Lillian. That gift eventually ended up at Disneyland… can you guess what it is?
- I was sad when Fox’s New Amsterdam was canceled without even giving it much of a chance (why does Fox always cancel the shows I like after just one season?). However, you’ll now be able to watch at least one of the show’s starts on the upcoming season of LOST. Zuleikha Robinson will play Illana, possibly a love interest for one of the main characters. Also checkout this interview with LOST producer Damon Lindelof.
- The ‘big’ Orlando attractions merger is off, at least for the moment. Fun Spot was set to buy rival Magical Midway, but they couldn’t make it happen. I don’t think we’ve heard the last of this deal.