Sunday Reading – Disney Links
- Brady MacDonald at the LA Times has a look at the return of the Flying Saucers to Disneyland… only this time they’re Tires not UFOs and they’re at California Adventure as part of the newly themed ‘Carsland’. Meet “Luigi’s Roamin’ Tires“.
- Laughingplace.com has the details behind the new Character Quarters available as connecting rooms when you book your stay at Disneyland Hotel. Cute Mickey and Princess themed options for your family.
- The folks at LaughingPlace.com also has a great look at what’s coming to Disneyland Paris Resort. The report includes confirmed attractions and a few rumors.
- In a bit of good news for Euro-Disney SCA, the operating company for the Disneyland Paris Resort, apparently the hotels are so full that they’re looking at building new ones. That’s great news considering how overbuilt hotels is what got Euro-Disney in debt in the first place.
- Michael at ProgressCity Blog has a few unique rumors for Walt Disney World. Perhaps the most hopeful one is a change of the Tiki Room to something other than the sadly ironic “Under New Management” show.
- Ryan at Main Street Gazette wrote a very moving essay on what Walt Disney World means to him on the first anniversary of his wonderful blog!
- Upcoming Pixar has an interesting bit of casting news for Toy Story 3. Michael Keaton will be voicing Ken, and Jodi Benson reprising her role as Barbie. Might we be seeing a growing storyline for those two?
- Also from Upcoming Pixar is an interview with Pixar’s Technical Director Bill Poulson. Read this if you ever want a job at Pixar.