Monday Morning Disney News Roundup
- The Orlando Sentinel takes a close look at the family relationships between various elephants at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- A Red Sox official recently visited Walt Disney World on a family vacation, while there he got a tour of Disney’s Wide World Of Sports facilities, which the Atlanta Braves currently use for spring training. It just so happens the MLB Boston Red Sox are in need of a spring training facility and WWOS can host two teams with no problem. Sounds like a good fit.
- Main Stree Mom at The Daily Earful has a list of great resources for when you get a hankerin’ to listen to some great Disney theme park music online.
- Have a band? enjoy playing a little air guitar? Then make a rock video from one of Disney’s approved songs, and you could win some cool prizes, including a recording contract or a chance to visit the High School Musical 3 world premier.
- The Disney History blog has Tim Burton’s concept art for The Black Cauldron. That certainly would have been a different movie than the mess that was eventually released.
- Samantha Who? star Christina Applegate has been diagnosed with breast cancer. They say they identified it early, which is a good thing. It doesn’t sound like it will affect the show’s filming schedule. I wish her a speedy and full recovery.
- Boom-Pop is a new blog by Jeff Pepper of 2719 Hyperion fame. It’s a modern look at some retro charm. Good stuff.
- Once again I have started listing some of our Disney collectibles on eBay. The biggest item is the Walt Disney Classic Collection Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs “Soup’s On” figure set. I hope you’ll go check them out and place a bid or two. You’ll be helping The Disney Blog pay the bills and get something cool in return too.