- OSHA report contradicts Disney World story on death of cast member at Primeval Whirl in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Fines have been levied for infractions related to the death and other incidents.
- Want to become a Toy Story Midway Mania Master? Then head on over to Kevin Yee’s Ultimate Orlando Blog where Kevin has posted a series of spoilers on how to get to some of the higher point score targets.
- The OC Register has video and photos of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show at Disneyland. Very nice, wish I could be there myself. (Although shouldn’t Indy be a bit older?)
- Here’s a nice trip report from Mary who was bringing her family to Disneyland for the first time. Definitely a different perspective. (She’s also from Portland and I remember making those Disneyland trips yearly.)
- I wanted to make sure I pointed out this song covering “That’s How You Know” from Disney’s Enchanted by Demi Lovato. Lovato is rumored to be in the process of being groomed by Disney to replace Miley Cyrus should she ever depart the Mouse House. Btw, the Covering The Mouse blog continues to impress.
- Today marked the grand re-opening of Gatorland’s new gift shop and administration building. The park’s iconic Jaws survived a devastating fire 18 months ago. I wish I had made it over there, but the Orlando Sentinel did and has pictures of the Gator Jaws and a report on the re-opening.
- If there is one thing I love as much as Disney, it’s food. So when the two combine I am extra happy. This June the Food Network will air a Cake Challenge episode where four professional cake artists compete to create the best Pixar-themed cake. I’m just guessing, but I bet WALL-E will figure in some how. Set your reminders now.
- Also check out the Disney Movie Surfer’s look at the making of Pixar’s WALL-E.
Finally, as today’s Video Bonus Round click below the cut to check out this rare 1979 commercial advertising Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland.