Tuesday Trouble – Disney News and Links
- One more day before the lives and friendships that were created in Disney’s Virtual Magic Kingdom are snuffed out. It’s beyond sad and irresponsible that Disney has not come up with some sort of plan to save the friendships and characters, even if the actual game play has to come to an end.
- ABC’s Dancing With The Stars will crown a new champion tonight. There is little doubt it will be Kristi Yamaguchi. It really was unfair for anyone else in the competition. Tune in tonight at 9pm for the coronation.
- Jenny Lerew has discovered some amazing vintage photos that look at the life and style of Disney’s Ink & Paint girls in the 1930s.
- The judge in the lawsuit to allow Segways to be used in Walt Disney World as assistive devices for the disabled has refused to dismiss the case. This will allow discovery to go forward. I’m encouraged as this will allow the plaintiffs a chance to show that the Segway is a device that is uniquely suited to certain disabilities and provides dignity and ability unlike any other device out there on the market. Thanks to Jonas for keeping a close eye on this case.
- The actor who was injured in a pre-show fall at the broadway version of The Little Mermaid musical has asked a judge to order evidence be preserved in case it is needed for a lawsuit.
- The OC Register reports that the new Monorail Red is still undergoing testing and an grand opening date is not yet been set.
- CBS Marketwatch things Disney’s ESPN brand is poised for ad-growth. Sports continue to offer brands a route directly to the consumers pocket book and ESPN’s products are the high speed express.