- The Orlando Sentinel reports that much of the McDonald’s food offered at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is going away. That would certainly be good news if Disney is able to replace it with quality food for the same prices.
- The OC Register has a pretty odd story concerning The Cheesecake Factory at Gardenwalk Anaheim. Did you know that Cheesecake Factory restaurants don’t have kid’s menus. Isn’t that odd in an area where you’d expect to find a lot of families with kids.
- Doug Meacham examines the Walt Disney Company’s efforts when it comes to Online Virtual Games. He also wonders why Disney is closing VMK.
- Speaking of VMK, Blue Sky Disney has a wonderful vision of what a real Virtual Magic Kingdom would be like. It’s very similar to a column I wrote back in February of 2000 (which in turn pre-saged the PalMickey’s now sold in the parks).
- Eric Haseltine used to lead Walt Disney Imagineering’s R&D department, now he works for the NSA. Jason Kottke reports on a recent speech Haseltine gave. Apparently there is some overlap between working for the mouse and snooping on your fellow citizens.
Below the fold see the latest WALL-E clip where he encounters a pair of earphones. Very funny.