I hope you had a nice weekend. Feel free to chime in with anything you did that was Disney related in the comments. Here are some of the highlights I found over the weekend:
- Yesterland has an excellent story that dives into the reason behind the name shift from Disney-MGM Studios to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and clears up some of the rumors.
- LaughingPlace.com has a photo update looking at the new Disney Vacation Club tower being built at Walt Disney World’s Contemporary Resort.
- I’ve recently relaunched MouseGoods.com at it’s own URL. Right now it’s featuring 2008 Graduation Mickey Mouse Ears.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom turns 10 on Tuesday. The Orlando Sentinel starts the party a little early.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders are invited to be among the first to experience Toy Story Mania at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during a sneak peek Passholder preview taking place Saturday, May 10 through Monday, May 12, 2008 from 9:00am – 7:00pm. (btw, I don’t think that Press Relations has gotten the memo that it will be called “Toy Story Midway Mania”.)
- Finally, below the cut is the 4-minute look at WALL-E by creator Andrew Stanton that everyone has been talking about. I really can’t wait for June 27th now.