Is Vanessa Hudgens Being Replaced?

By now you’ve probably heard about the nude photo of Vanessa Hudgens that is making its way around the internet.  Yes, I’ve seen it.  No, I’m not going to link to it.  And no, I didn’t search for it- it was sent to me by someone that suggested it was a fake.

I would have believed that it was, but Hudgens has released a statement through her rep stating that the photo is indeed her in all her bare glory.  She says that it is a personal matter.

Us Magazine is reporting that she is being removed from further High School Musical productions:

“Due to the recent scandal of “High School Musical” star Vanessa
Hudgens’ naked photo scandal, Execs at Disney have parted ways with the
star and have decided to replace her with “Cheetah Girls” star Adrienne
Bailon.

The decision came just hours after the scandal became
public and got to the offices at Disney. Says insiders, “It was an
extremely hard decision to do. Vanessa has become apart of the family,
but we felt it was irresponsible of her to do what she did.”

What did she do? At this point it is just one photo of her, standing alone, nude.  Sure, it’s not the image that Disney wants to promote, but it’s a lot better than the Lohans of the world that are still supporting tragic lifestyles on Disney’s dime.

I’m guessing, although I don’t know many of you, that we have all been nude at some point in our lives.  At least once.

What do you think?  Is Disney doing the right thing, assuming that the source sited by Us Magazine is correct?  Or do you think it is a knee-jerk reaction?  Honestly, I can see a case for either side.

Update: Disney is now saying they stand by Ms. Hudgens after she apologized for having been photographed in the nude. "I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust
means the world to me," Hudgens said in a statement. "I am embarrassed over
this situation and regret having ever taken these photos. I am
thankful for the support of my family and friends." Well, there you have it, another fairytale Disney ending. (updated by John)

This entry was posted in Actors, Current Affairs, Disney Channel, Film, Film, Film Production, High School Musical, Musicals, Television. Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to Is Vanessa Hudgens Being Replaced?

1. buff ting says:

what i said it is ture but also plz leave her on she is so talented and amazing so plz plz plz let her stay on

2. Miki Ann says:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I do not I repeat do not want Adrienne Bailon from the Cheetah girls take over vanessa hudgens, because she does not have the look and she does not have the voice. Please let vanessa have another chance. So I hope she learned her lesson. Thank you for your time.

3. Miki Ann says:

4. Miki Ann says:

5. jennifer says:

wat wat just happened i cant believe u posted a pic naked u and zac.u guys were so cute but he broke up wit u ????????? now he is wit miley omg omgh

6. jennifer says:

7. denise says:

wat the hell wat were u thinking i grantee that u r lossing fans

8. onomous says:

I really think Vanessa should be in HSM 3 cause it will not be HSM 3 without her. True she did do something wrong but everyone makes mistakes, no ones perfect.

9. Teresa Brock says:

You should keep her in HSM because all of her fans and all of the people who were looking forward to seeing her in HSM3 i can tell you now i dont like the cheetah girls as much as Vanessa Hudgens!!!!So i say re-higher her!

10. Teresa says:

KEEP HER KEEP HER KEEP HER KEEP HER KEEP HER KEEP HER KEEP HER.HSM is not the same without her and you are going to disapoint a lot of little peeps and thats not right!