Who Loves Handy Manny

Karen of I Love TV looks at Disney’s newest animated television show "Handy Manny" and likes what she sees.

Before tuning in, all I knew was that Wilmer Valderrama was somehow
involved. Although I of course loved him as Fez on "That ’70s Show,"
his celebrity party antics didn’t exactly engender confidence in what
he would bring to an offering for kids. But he’s actually really
adorable as the voice of Manny, the go-to fix-it guy in a small,
friendly town.

The show is just over the head of my three year old. So I haven’t really watched it much yet, but I imagine that in about 6 months I’ll be able to recite all the lines.

Handy Manny on Disney.com

Update: See Handy Manny Tools on eBay.

Update 10/08/07: You might be able to find some Handy Manny Toys on Amazon like this Handy Manny 15" Plush Doll starting today!

About Whit

Whit Honea is a writer/editor/producer living in the L.A. area with his wife and two boys. You can find his writings and other works all over the Internets. Also available on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Television. Bookmark the permalink.

125 Responses to Who Loves Handy Manny

1. Brenda says:

My 3 year old son LOVES Handy Manny and all the tools! I like the show because it teaches cooperation, taking turns, responsibility, honesty and many other virtues we teach our kids on a daily basis. It also deals with issues such as being afraid, anger, thinking things through, etc… This show teaches as well as entertains and I would recommend it for any child!

2. H. Armstrong says:

My son will turn 3 in August. He loves Handy Manny. I was dissappointed to find out that there were no birthday party supplies. He plays with his tools and recites lines from the show. When my father was trying to fix his tv, my son tried to help and said well here’s your problem papa.

3. Taylor Stevens says:

Every morning this summer I would wake up in the morning, turn on “Playhouse Disney”, and wait for “Handy Manny” to come on. I am a thirteen year old girl and I love “Handy Manny”. I find it a very inspirational show for all young children. Like alot of other children’s programs, “Handy Manny” has many important moral values in it and the entertainment to put joy into all of the little kids who watch this show.

4. Taylor Stevens says:

5. Deanna says:

My son is 4 years old and is having a birthday party. He wants Handy Manny. I cant find anything. I think Handy Manny is a great show for my son to watch. I really hope by November there will be some party decorations in Handy Manny!

6. Kris says:

My 3 year old son has just discovered Handy Manny and he is HOOKED! i actually like the show myself. it has a good lesson, some great bilingual learning and is a good fun show. Handy Manny is a hit at our house!

7. BECKY says:

My child and I love the show. It is really great and we are excited and patiently waiting to see any products about Manny or the tools that are coming out soon.

8. Lily says:

My 9 years old son really loves watching Handy Manny. There was one time he walked into the store room which he daddy keeps his tools. He took out a hammer and a short piece of nail and started hammering onto a piece of wood. I asked what he was doing and he replied to me that he wanted to be like the one in the tv channel called Handy Manny. I wasn’t quite sure what he was referring. He told me again about Handy Manny. The next day we were sitting down together infront of tv and only then I knew it was all about a young man called Handy Manny and his tool mates.

9. John says:

You might be able to find some Handy Manny Toys on Amazon like this Handy Manny 15″ Plush Doll starting today!

10. Cindy Ball says:

Hello,
    My nephew who is 2 is wanting Handy Mandy toolbelt and tolls. How long before they will be out. I hope long before x-mas.
    Cindy

11. Kitty says:

My 3 year old daughter loves Handy Manny. The Disney Store now sales Handy Manny dolls and a Handy Manny doll.

12. Kitty says:

I meant to say Handy Manny tools and a doll in my last email. Sorry!

13. Jaime says:

My son has been addicted to Handy Manny since he was 2 months old believe it or not. He is not 13 months old and getting the Manny tool box and doll for Christmas! I can’t wait to see his face when he sees his very own set of Manny and the tool. Manny has been a saving grace for us at times because sometimes it is the only way to calm him down. He drops everything for Manny. Thank heavens for DVR and the new Manny DVD (which he got for his birthday.

14. Jackie says:

I am generally very conservative with the television and really try not to watch it. However, I was flipping channels and came across what I thought Fez. Funny because it was Handy Manny. My son is 9 1/2 months old. He loves the songs. Not to mention the repition. He really likes it. I can hardly weight until he really understands the rest of the show.

15. Mrs mary L Senteno says:

We have a grandson who just loves Handy Manny. Being born premature, we didn’t think he would response to
    the television children programs for a while. However, at the age of 2 yrs, he began to notice some the so far, Handy Manny is still number one, For Christmas, Santa Clause brought Christopher tools, table, tool case and a belt for his some of his tools. Even receiving his Mammy first DVD, which is his favorite, we seem to see this DVD at least once a day or night. I sure hope there will be more DVD’s coming out in the future or possible you can try and make a few from the ones which come on the Disney station, which we watch all week in the mornings. He really has learned much from the showings.

16. Guerra says:

My 9 month old son LOVES Handy Manny… This show has taken over Seseame Street as his favorite show. He claps and dances when he hears the songs. I was thinking about making Handy Manny the theme for his first BDay Party in June. However, I can not find anything for Handy Manny. Hopefully by June they will have some. We LOVE Handy Manny!

17. Ingrid K Spies says:

I am looking for Handy Mandy supplies for my son’s second birthday party. My son has severe food allergies, to the point the he most likely will not be able to have a cake at his party I would like to have other things at the party to celebrate his day. Is there hope soon. PLEASE Disney help a single mom give her son something I can give him a great party with Handy.

18. Karen T says:

My 2 years old Grandson just loves Handy Manny and the tools including myself and his 7 years old sister. He loves the tools and Mr. Lopart and Fluffy. I record all the episodes for him and also bought a tool box and all the cute tools from the Disney Store in LA. WE LOVE MANNY and TOOLS!!!! and every character.

19. sarah says:

i am looking for a handy manny theme for my sons 2nd birthday also… he loves the show and nothing is available for decorations! and i wanted to get him a little tikes work bench which would go great with the theme… please distribute party decor

20. Elizabeth says:

I love this show, i have a 22 month old baby girl and she will not watch anything else (I’ve tried)I even find the show show funny myself. I hope it doesn’t go off the air anytime soon.. If anybody knows where to get some good Hanny Manny stuff let me know..