Character Dining with Captain Jack Sparrow

There’s an interesting rumor going around that got its start as part of a survey Disney sent out to previous guests. Apparently they’re considering a Captain Jack Sparrow character meal.

"Board a pirate vessel from a resort and sail to Pirate’s Cove, where
Captain Jack Sparrow and his band of bandits have cooked up a beach
barbecue. Salty songs, tall tales, delicious food, and a hunt for the
fabulous Tortuga Treasure spice up this fun-filled evening under the
stars. Guests are given a clue-filled treasure map, and friendly
competition is held to find the priceless prize."

Pirate’s Cove would likely be the old Discovery Island area near Wilderness Lodge. Prices are uncertain, but possibly looking at an
adult price of $49 and a kid’s price somewhat lower. They already have a separate children’s Pirate Event, but I am pretty sure this would be something new entirely.

On a scale of one to ten, ten being the most, how interested in a dinner like this are you?

About Whit

Whit Honea is the author of The Parents' Phrase Book. He lives in the L.A. area with his wife and two boys. You can find his writings and other works all over the Internets. Now available on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Walt Disney World. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Character Dining with Captain Jack Sparrow

1. Kitty-chan says:

On a scale of one to ten? Well let’s see . . . I reckon about a twelve or so.

2. Tortuga Treasure Hunter says:

This would be a great way to not only capitalize on the franchise Pirates has become, but also a great treat for the entire family…on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it as many tentacles as Davey Jones has on his face….arghhhhhh

3. Mick Gordon says:

Would need a heck of a lot of pirate’s rum to consider attendance at Cap’n Jacks feast.

4. Jason says:

Doesn’t sound that interesting, I might do it once but I’m not thrilled by the idea. I’d give it a 6.

5. nathan says:

Considering I wasn’t too interested in a western song and dance show, but absolutely loved Hoop-De-Doo once I saw it – I say 10 out of 10. For me, it’s not the content of the event, but how it’s executed. I can imagine arriving/leaving dock with burning torches marking the way!

6. Captain Bob says:

How interested? Heck, I’ll make reservations for this the day I hear about it becoming available. Pirate shows are entertaining, even the pirate dinner show in Orlando is fun (if you know to expect cheese) and to have a pirate dinner done by Disney?

You bet. I’d rate it as all fifteen men on the dead man’s chest.

7. Mike says:

A Pirates theam breakfast/dinner would be sweet. I’d go now.

10!

8. Foy says:

This reminds me of the orginal Pirates of the Caribbean Opening ceremonies.

If your transport vessal was attacked by other pirates…ya, I’d do this. It has terrific potential.