Tales From The Laughing Place is A Disney Magazine published by fans of Disney for fans of Disney. It’s really more than a magazine, it’s a coffee table book quality design and story experience. Issue #7 has just been sent to press for shipping this Summer and what an amazing issue it is.
"The focus on this issue is undoubtedly the creation of the Tarzan musical for Broadway," Tales publisher Lee MacDonald explains. "Behind the Green Room features interviews with the entire creative team including director Bob Crowley, writer David Henry Hwang, aerial designer Pichon Baldinu, choreographer Meryl Tankard, music producer Paul Bogaev and special creatures designer Ivo Coveney. In addition we have an article about the use of sound effects in the show with Academy Award winner sound designer Lon Bender. Capping off the Tarzan series is an extensive interview with world-renowned musician Phil Collins. The issue unfolds with an image of Josh Strickland as Tarzan for the cover that was taken exclusively for Tales. You won’t find a more comprehensive anthology of articles about the production of Tarzan anywhere else."
In addition Issue 7 will feature the following stories:
- Harbored Fantasea: The creation of The Legend of Mythica daytime aquatic parade for Tokyo DisneySea with show producer Steve Davison;
- Making Waves: Go under the surface of Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage with Walt Disney Imagineering’s Kathy Mangum;
- Encountered Everest: A pictorial essay about the inauguration of Expedition: Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in April ’06;
- Reminiscing about the critically acclaimed Festival of Fools show based on Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame that ran over a decade ago;
- A look behind-the-scenes at Disney/Pixar’s Cars; and
- A Little Golf Anyone?: Insight into the best holes at Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens the two miniature golf courses at Walt Disney World.
I’m doubly excited about this issue because I have an article in it. I wrote the look back at Disneyland’s most exciting and "out there" theatrical experience ever The Hunchback of Notre Dame Festival of Fools.
Crossposted from MouseGoods.com.