A Fool in the Virtual Magic Kingdom

The master plan is brilliant: Get folks to the parks. Then make sure
they don’t forget about the parks when they return home. Along the way,
a young generation will start thinking that Disney is cool again, and
that’s crucial, since rival film studios are wresting the animation
crown from Disney.

At The Moteley Fool Rick Munarriz writes about the strategic aspect of Disney’s VMK MMORG. I wish I had the time to play a little bit.

[ttags: Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ]

This entry was posted in Disneyana, Disneyland, Fandom, Games, Games, Online, Themepark Industry, Walt Disney World and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

118 Responses to A Fool in the Virtual Magic Kingdom

1. #$#$# says:

the contact us staff are careless and they dont care about kids

2. samantha says:

i agree

3. samantha says:

i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really a thousand reallys later really really really really really really really really really really really really infinity more reallys – takes big breath – hate that person that got me banned when i no their name i will get some on to ban her for life and 2nd life too!

4. samantha says:

5. samantha says:

i typed it twice and that how much i hate her!
    lol

6. karli says:

y is vmk so dang meen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. #$#$# says:

Not all of this is true

thread closed

8. samantha says:

i know, why does vmk have to be so dang mean? And i also agree with #$#$# it’s almost like they don’t care about us kids. We just want to ahve fun for pete sake. Imean how does going into a room and saying hi then getting out cause of a nasty owner get you banned????!?!?!? I also hate the things they don’t allow to type on there. I mean i agree with the cuss words and personal info but they also went way too far now canceled some of the chat language. Well that’s all i have to say right now but i will think of more. By the way my name on Vmk WAAAS bravesamanthacool so if u were my friend can u tell me?

9. Amy says:

I got banned for telling someone to be my friend on toontown! :-( BOOOOO VMK!!

10. Eden says:

SERiiOUSLY..VMK NEEDS TO LiiGHTEN UP!

11. samantha says:

lighten up vmk!! are any of u going to disneyworld soon be cause u can talk to the staff i know i am. Maybe if u tell me ur username i can tell them bout u too. but u have to tell me fast i’m going in 13 days! can’t wait

12. AiVaMt 351 says:

well they were about how i got banned till 2016!! yea im really gonna reccomend this to EVERYONE. (recommend not to go there) vmk sucks my feet, i have athlete’s foot! i hope you get it in your mouth!!

13. #$#$# says:

Samantha make another account if you want to go back on vmk.
    your already going to miss the slide competition its like members making there own Slide-a-thon

14. #$#$# says:

This comment page is not being CLOSED vmk is fun but its just a little strict

some of you are being very mean

Closed

15. #$#$# says:

correction

This thread is now being closed
    alot of you are being mean

Closed

16. samantha says:

oh i have another ACCOUNT but they also banned my computer so its really boring thanx for the suggestion tho #$#$#

17. #$#$# says:

oops sorry double

18. #$#$# says:

samantha on my computer there is accounts one with each of my family’s name do you have this on your computer
    if so go on a different account not the on you were using when you got banned

19. #$#$# says:

and you will beable to load vmk on your other account

20. sarah says:

vmk isn’t workiing and it makesme super mad.
    They really have to lighten up I mean 2015?, that sucks

21. samantha says:

thank u thank u thank u soo much #$#$#. I never thought of that.

22. #$#$# says:

your welcome just dont tell people who you are i get banned sometimes for going on another account not usually though

one time i was banned for ten years
    for telling people i was manager of vmk to stop the baby stuff

23. Vince says:

I hate vmk cause they banned me for 4 years, and turned me against disney…

24. melissa says:

omg if you read the duh duh i mean e-dude-dude this is why im not on i got band for a year my ban almost over i think;( i really hope it almost over ill e happy:)

25. Brooke says:

hey all!!
    i love vmk so much but it is really strict for some reason.and ppl plz comment me back for what i am saying right now.if you ever want to find me on vmk my room is typhoon lagoon or a HSM cafe. my name on vmk is fairylila. look for me plz. plz tell me your name for vmk and room so i can find you
    bye bye! Brooke

26. samantha says:

hey brooke i KNEW you on vmk i remember meeting you in the matterhorn. my username was bravesamanthacool. Oh one more ? do you have to pay for toontown. If so how much?

27. samantha says:

i know this has nothing to do with vmk but does anyone know if downloading garage band costs money?

28. Nicole says:

hi everyone yes VMK is strict and all but they dont want you to do taken but the other stuff? i mean what is that? yes i got banned on my account with every single costume no lie except for feather hat!!! and i cant get back on make a new account people! i already got tons of costumes by doing that! gl everyone!

29. #$#$# says:

I got a quest kiosk yesterday

30. #$#$# says:

I got a quest kiosk yesterday

31. Nicole says:

hi :) well if anyone wants to be friends on VMK meet me somewhere! i have top hat for trade everyone!

32. brooke says:

oh thats cool that you know me samantha! i got banned for a week for being too adult like! how stupid but they might have their ways of stretching it out

33. hoboman says:

hey AAA is your name singingcat in vmk

34. hoboman says:

i got banned untill 2016 and it sucks no matter how many times everyone says it i hope that i only get banned for a short while

35. lalalala says:

wow you got banned to 2016

36. samantha says:

i was banned until 2016 but they said they lifted my ban!!!! i am soo excited. i can’t contain myself sorry for the people who are still banned. try writing a lot of messages to them they might unban u. i think the touching letter my friend wrote to them really touched them this time. (and it was accurate)

37. Chae says:

Okay this is not fair, I used to like the staff, I mean I’m reading the things that people posted when they got banned and some bans that staff give us are so stupid! My sister was banned until 2015 (She’ll be 20 and won’t even care about VMK anymore) I guess staff are just their to get paid and if someone starts ‘acting up’ staff will just ban them forever and not even look into the problem.
    Oh and another thing, I was in the slide competition and I did all the work by myself, made the team, organized the group and registered the team on the first day. I misspelled one little letter in one of the members name and what do I get from staff? “I’m Sorry but your Pool Partol was not accepted into the event. Reason was that your team name and Shallow end were not as the rules stated.” Just for one little letter that I misspelled, and we are now out of the competition. I’m aching for my team (My team not just me)

38. samantha says:

the staff are that strict? i kind of think they are kind because they gave me another chance on vmk. i was banned until 2016 but when i read my email it said they gave me another chance. I had to wait three months for that tho. i missed the slide-a-thon, and a lot of days that they were selling pins. Hey does anyone know when the blizzard beach quest ends?

39. samantha says:

when does the blizzard beach quest end? bc i want to get that room so bad! i’m on number 28 sof ar. i have to play castle fireworks and get 150,000

40. samantha says:

oh just wondering does anyone here know a person on vmk by the SC of bravesamanthacool? that’s me. if you do let me know

41. RachelMoo says:

I am so mad at vmk i got ban because i was doing the boy friend girl friend thing and we were trying to make out!It sucks that I am ban but it is only for a month so I think I will live.

42. brianna says:

A friend of mine that I now hate played a game on me and said I found the boy of my dreams he like green and penguins like me but it was that girl and she also made a boy I liked alot he was the same as me hr=e like what I liked but vmk tought me a lesson I WILL NEVER FIND TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. #$#$# says:

I quit vmk

44. Me!! says:

I love vmk but the thing i dont love is that they banned my sister and we have NO CLUE wat she did they should tell u wat u did before they ban U!!!! and now i cant get on my account even but we just use the computer to play vmk lol haha

45. Nicholas says:

I had so many rare things that i had worked for so long on….. i had just finished all of my rooms…… i was haing a wonderful relationship with my girl IceAngelPixie.

but ofcourse, it was too good too be true and me and my friend, CutiePikay, and IceAgelPixie were saying things with numbers in them but using like instead of 3 we said tree. and just like that…. after i just stopped getting banned for one month and finished everything (i even had a bird hat!) i just had to get banned for 10 FRIGGIN YEARS!!!

my god!! its not like i’m gonna play VMK in 2015 when i’m 22. what are they?…. stupid? and mean, i think so.

ps ICE if you read this, ISchoning@aol.com

46. Nicholas says:

oops i mean 2016 i got baanned to not 2015 i forgot it was 2006 (thought it was 2005) lol

47. melon says:

hi i no what you mean vmk once ban me on my best on for a mounth it is so un fair i love vmk i am on it right now it i just un fair.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( gr gr gr gr VMK why why!!

48. AceLilElmo says:

I can’t believe all you ppl got banned just for that stuff! they should be ashamed of themselves. I think they ban just for fun!