A Fool in the Virtual Magic Kingdom

The master plan is brilliant: Get folks to the parks. Then make sure
they don’t forget about the parks when they return home. Along the way,
a young generation will start thinking that Disney is cool again, and
that’s crucial, since rival film studios are wresting the animation
crown from Disney.

At The Moteley Fool Rick Munarriz writes about the strategic aspect of Disney’s VMK MMORG. I wish I had the time to play a little bit.

[ttags: Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ]

This entry was posted in Disneyana, Disneyland, Fandom, Games, Games, Online, Themepark Industry, Walt Disney World and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

118 Responses to A Fool in the Virtual Magic Kingdom

1. sabrina says:

they banned me till 2015 i hate vmk they are so mean!!!!!!!!

2. Jeana says:

Oh that bites! When I got banned, I only got banned for a day!

3. callum says:

VMK SUCKS they banned me until march 5th 2006 now there saying may 3rd 2006
    BOO TO VMK!

4. Jen says:

I love Vmk so much!!!!!!!!!!!

5. nicole says:

Hey i got banned till april 5 2016!! I got a boy and two great bff!! I HATE VMK

6. Breanna says:

I got banned for a month for asking other players for personal information. Only problem, I didn’t even ask ppl for it I told them to stop gr VMK – I am weird so what –

7. Eden says:

Hey people
    that so sucks that u got banned till 2015
    im kinda crying because I know if that happened to me i would cry
    it’s because vmk is so fun.
    and u know what happened to me
    vmk banned me from going on vmk on my computer for a month
    so i cant go on vmk on my user or any other users until a month!
    i can only go to the local library!
    i know how u feel
    :( :(

8. Breanna says:

Hey people
    i am still banned for that month.
    i also noticed that now u cant go
    on at all on your computer. this
    new rule sucks. i was banned on my
    b-day too. my ban doesn’t end until
    may 21st gr. i have a boy and 149 other
    friends. i have my cousin to tell people
    i am banned though thank god. she told
    my boy so thats all good. Dang
    being banned till 2015 is rough i
    have a ? how long do u get
    banned after a month? tell plz
    also vmk bans ppl when they dont
    deserve to be banned and if u say
    the ban is unfair they never do anything
    about it! Yea I do love vmk
    but they are a little rough

9. Breanna says:

Hey people, what’s up?
    I just got a reply to the e-mail I sent the vmk staff about my ban being unfair ( finally! ) and they said they find the ban fair and just! I can’t believe them. They also said my ban should have expired well fyi to them it hasn’t!

10. Glacius says:

vmk is now boring and im starting to get dissapointed at it why? vmk has to many show offs like for example people doing their little inferno magic and saying HAHAHA not for trade you suck, my answer to that reason is who cares this is in theory suppose to be a game for children to have fun if I could runescape is better cause their are no showoffs if I did my level 60 saradomin strike to domeone doing inferno lol they would turn to ashes and who’s laughing now huh, lol, next time think before you talk.

11. Glacius says:

sorry about those errors let me correct them corrections, to have fun, if I could, next error, someone* their those are my errors lol.

12. Breanna says:

Hey Glacius, this goes out to you and anybody who agrees.

VMK ROCKS IF U THINK NOT UR CRAZY! I stay on for taken it totally rocks

13. Glacius says:

well of course but everyone is entitled to their opinion but i still do play vmk very little but I like runescape alot better and its safer and their arent many showoffs so screw vmk. :P

14. Swimer says:

Wow… that’s harsh
    one time this girl tried to get me banned for cutting in line! Is that stupid or what?
    I didn’t even cut her. Thank goodness the staff didn’t care about it.

15. LittleLeela says:

really, vmk NEEDS to lighten up on punishments, i mean 2015! not to mention most of the time people dont even do anything wrong! like once i in a room with this girl who was acting really nasty, and i got banned for it, but i didnt do anything! and i hate how much people start dumb fights on vmk, at least on runescpae most of the time that does not happen!

16. LittleLeela says:

and once i was banned a month just bc they thought i used bad language but i didnt and couldnt!

17. jessica says:

i cant believe i got banned its not fair!! but wait can I do. VMk please please let me back in the game i love it so much i am a good girl i never ment to do wat i did i was just joking come on!

18. jessica says:

dear a VMK staff member,
    i was a fool and i really wish that you would unban me because i was joking around with them and it is a bad joke i no!! So please let me slide this one please i am sooo bored with out it i will do anything for you!

19. Whit says:

For every action there is a reaction. Disney has established rules which players agree to when they join VMK. Breaking of the rules, whether through malice, ignorance or attempts at humor, is a violation- regardless of intent. The resulting punishment may seem severe or unfair, but the point is that it is pure consequence and not unwarranted discipline.

As for a ban until 2015, that seems extreme for an internet game which most likely will not exist at that point, at least not in its current format. It sounds like Disney is handing out sugarcoated life sentences.

20. Jack Skellington says:

You people need to get real lives. VMK is for kids, not creepy adults and teens with no social life trying to get laid. You are all pathetic. VMK doesnt make any money for Disney and they’ll probably shut it down anyway. Then you’ll all have to go back to your sick sad little worlds.

21. Kyle says:

I got banned til 2015 but they figured that the other person was lying and gave me inferno

22. Trist says:

I got banned for a month, some person asked me for socks (you know what) and I said no. I report her, and I got banned. That just sucks. Oh VMK, why so harsh. I am so bored. I’m playing toontown, but vmk is so fun. What also sucked is that it was the High School Musical Day. Only 2 more weeks to go. :(

23. mike says:

LOL you got band!! LOL

24. mike says:

trust me its not funny.. oh yeah it is LOL

25. e-dude-dude says:

dude i got banned from VMK for a month just for acting too adult like!!!!! omg how stuped is that!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Brooke says:

well i think i got banned for onlya day but being banned until 2015!! thats crazy!!
    i have to go on vmk everyday unless i will be grumpy.once i was on vmk for 12 hours straight!!

27. SOMEONE says:

YA my friend got banned from disneyland till… well FOREVER!!! ya he stuck his head in the water at splash mtn… LOL well sucks for all you people that gpt banned!

28. Clara VMK person: ComicClara says:

I got banned from VMK for 1 week once, It’s not that bad, I probably needed a little break. I get on for the fun and because this guy in school that’s my bestfriend and I like him alot gets on it. So hear it out: VMK ROCKS MY SOCKS!! (NO MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY ARE!!) I really don’t care If I get banned unless if they didn’t have a reason too. I wish we could show our religion. I mean I’m a Christian, I do not swear at all and I’m 12. I think VMK should net get us banned but maybe take some of our so called “good stuff” away. But not the rare. I love Disney, and you cannot change that about me:)

29. 44442 says:

BOO WHO I GOT BANNED OH WILL U SHUT UP VMK DON’T BAN FOR NOTTHING!!

30. andrew smedley says:

i got band for a month for reporting a rooom that was scammming ppl and they said i was abusing the report box!i find it boring but i had nothing else to do

31. Tiana says:

You guys, just because they say they’ll ban you for 10 years, doesn’t mean they actually will. They told me I was, but I only got banned for two months!

32. AAA says:

i got banned fo a month for not doingg a thing i only said sun of a (@$#%$) because someone was stalking me and harassing me and calling me names and i got banned for a whole month i wish i could talk to a VMK staff on the phone or something.If you have any questions e-mail me at apat1894@sbcglobal.net.Have a great day i am so bored now that i can`t play vmk and it is summer and i have nothing to do.I am so so so so bored!!!!!!

33. nicole says:

well i got banned for life ( 2016 ) and i snet them a bunch of apoligy letters… well i didn’t do anything wrong they said i was using ‘vulgar languiage’ or something like that, and i didn’t say anything agressive or curse or anything!!! i think it was bc tyhis one boy was cussing or something but seriously vmk needs to look more into who is saying what bc i am totally innocent and banned for life.. :( :( feel my pain!!!!
    neways my vmk name was nikitiki if ne of u know her (me) lol

34. not know of your bussiness says:

i am not given no info but am mad bc i was told a story on. I did not say nothing wrong! Am banned into 2016 also but it hurts i think vmk should be told on for banned ppl for no reason!

35. not know of your bussiness says:

well am mad tho but what ever i get back on i will be happy! But i was rich! cries lol

36. hey what up
    i was on vmk for 17 hrs straight i love it and you know what i need a crown badly i am tottally rich on vmk too sorry !!

37. not know of your bussiness !! says:

hey am getting tried of vmk for real! they are mean to us kids! I was banned until 2016 they need to know a reason why i was banned!

38. allisonilliana says:

sike am poor!

39. karli says:

i hate vmk

40. kelli says:

omg i got banned intell june 6, 2016 because i told somebody i had an ipod!!! u know way?? Screw Vmk…>=P

41. karli says:

well my friend kelli got banned 4 10 yrs. vmk should burn in deadly disney land i hate vmk you suck my feet and my feet stink real bad just ask kelli she knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. karli says:

i hate kelli jk

43. monny says:

yeah guys i hate when ya get banned. 1 time this girl tried to get me banned bc i said no to her offer for my snowman magic! omg! the VMK staff didnt do anything but she got in trouble for “taking advantage” of contact us and report stuf…. so ttyl peeps I love VMK!!!! oh yeah the most i have ever been banned was half a hour lol

44. samantha says:

hey i got banned on vmk until april 5 2016 ! how sucky is that? sometimes i just hate vmk. this is how i got banned i just went into someon’e room and it had this really nasty owner and she told me to get out or else so as i was getting out it told me i was banned!! i can’t live without vmk. I’ve written to them a lot do you think that they block your messages when you get banned permanently? hey jack skellington or just anyone can you give me some info about that situation because i have the same thing going on as most people here.

45. samantha says:

i know about the contact us thing for vmk but i wrote to them like 3 times and they never ever wrote back and i don’t have aol. it says if you have aol it doesn’t work. I think they do block your messages if you are permanently banned which i hate because i have to go all the way to disneyworld or land just to ask the staff about it.

46. karli says:

vmk smells i hate vmk

47. samantha says:

i don’t think i would be interested in vmk in 10 years i will be 22 for pete sake. actually,I think vmk will be closed at that time it might not exist at that time.

48. samantha says:

vmk can be so mean

49. kitty-katz says:

i got ban on my friends computer till 2020!at least it was on my friends computer. and she got ban till 2021 that was mean but i can still get on my other acounts . my name on vmk is kitty-katz but ppl call me cat on there and you can always find me at vmk high school or in east high but mostly vmk high . i wear a blue shirt and brown pants sometimes or a blue skirt witha cheerleading shirt im on usally at night but also in the day

50. #$#$# says: